Privacy and Cookies
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our “Disclaimer”) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Our website is available to users all over the world. Our website is updated from Italy in accordance with Italian regulation; users should be aware that Italian legislation may be differ slightly from the legislation of their own country.
Personal information we collect
- name, telephone number, email address, home address, date of birth, nationality, etc.
- some data to satisfy special needs.
We collect information directly from you or we get them from your use of our services.
Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. It’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly when some data are not provided.
Using your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• to contact you where you have requested information from us
• to conduct customer researches, quality or satisfaction surveys;
• to manage your account and preferences;
• to send offers and promotions published by MECTEND s.r.l. - Loc. Bessiche, 65 - 15070 Tagliolo M.to (AL) - Italy
We may also use information:
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to evaluate your adequacy to receive our offers and advertisements.
We aim at providing you personally relevant product features, such as customised search results and tailored advertising. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to working 10 days to unsubscribe.
Storing your data
You can access www.mectend.com from various devices, such mobile phone, tablets, etc.
If you access our website from a device such as Blackberry, Iphone, etc. your position will be automatically localized by GPS service. Please note that we will not store any personal information about your local position. With GPS services you can also register your username and password so that you do not need to sign again.
We may disclosure your personal data to:
• to third parties such as Service Providers and Online Partners. We may contract with various third parties who help us provide, maintain and improve the website and the system. They will only use that information for the purposes to which you have consented.
• to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets; if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like web beacon, pixel tags, etc. to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies. Other technologies are used for similar purposes as a cookie on other platforms where cookies are not available or applicable, such as the Advertising ID available on Android mobile devices.
We use several different types of cookies to help the website work. These are listed as follows:
• Session cookies which are erased when you close the browser;
• Cookies which enable you to pass an order;
• Cookies that enable you to be identified;
• Cookies that enable you to stay logged in for an entire visit to the site;
• Cookies that monitor how visitors move around the website and how they reached it;
• Cookies which allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features;
• Cookies which record and show whether advertising is effective or not;
• Cookies which record how many users open and click our emails; these cookies are used in our surveys;
• Cookies which are used to collect data about the websites and individual pages that users visit. They are typically used to deliver adverts and other marketing communications more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They can remember that you have visited a website, and this information can be shared with other organisations, including other advertisers. They cannot determine who you are though, as the data collected is never linked to your profile.
We use pixel tags and web beacons to:
• evaluate the success of an advertisement;
• know how many users open and click our emails; these cookies are used in our surveys;
• to serve you advertisements specifically tailored to your interests and searches
See the following websites for further information:
Do Not Track:
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you express a preference not to be tracked by websites. We do not offer a DNT feature, but you can refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. As previously stated, we work together with third parties that may, in certain circumstances, place cookies on your browser to deliver adverts and other marketing communications more relevant to you and your interests. To know more about “DNT” feature, please see http://www.aboutads.info .
Our website is not directed at children under 18 years old and we do not collect data from them.
If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we would promptly delete the data and would not store any personal information.
You can also ask us to remove your child’s personal data from our customer database by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to: MECTEND s.r.l. - Loc. Bessiche, 65 - 15070 Tagliolo M.to (AL) - Italy.
How can you control the personal data you have given to Mectend.com?
You can ask us to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your personal data from our customer database by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a mail to: MECTEND s.r.l. - Loc. Bessiche, 65 - 15070 Tagliolo M.to (AL) - Italy.
However, we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.